Bona R540 Moisture Barrier/Sealer - 5 Liter
The Safe Way to Ease Moisture Issues Quickly!
Bona® R540 Moisture Barrier/Primer is a one-component roll-on moisture membrane specially designed to mitigate vapor transmission on absorbent and non-absorbent subfloors. The polyurethane reactive primer is compatible with the entire Bona Adhesive System.
• Helps mitigate potential moisture issues, like cupping†, originating from below the membrane, in new and existing construction
• When used as a primer, one coat increases adhesion over sealed subfloor systems, ie. AdvanTech™
• Can be used as a vapor retarder in place of felt paper for wooden subfloors up to 20% MC
• One coat can be used for damp proofing concrete subfloors up to 95% RH & 18 lbs*
• Dries fast allowing nail-down installation immediately
• No more tears in paper or seams to be concerned with – continuous film offers more uniform coverage and moisture protection
• Easy to apply – rolls on
• Suited for underfloor heating‡
* Only one coat needed when used with 1250G or 1500G trowel and any Bona Silane Adhesive. Two coats required in all other installations when the above criteria is not met.
† Can help prevent cupping caused by excessive subfloor moisture.
‡ Radiant heat systems will have a maximum moisture protection of 6 lbs. or 80% RH.